Fits the following vehicles:
- 1989-1994 Mazda Familia GT (European & Australian Market)
- 1994-1998 Mazda Artis “LX” (with VICS) (North America Market)
- 1990-1994 Mazda Protege LX LX (with VICS)
- 1995-1998 Mazda Protege ES (Australian Market: 1994-1998 323 Protege SE)
- 1990 Mazda Infini
- 1990-1991 and 1993 Mazda Progete GT (Canadian Market)
- 1990-1993 Mazda 323 (European Market)
- 1994-1998 Mazda Familia (Japanese Market)
- 1994-1998 Mazda Lantis
- 1994-1997 Mazda Miata/MX-5
Thermalnator is a unique high temperature shielding gasket which replaces the stock intake manifold gasket. Thermalnator’s cooling properties reduce heat by stopping metal to metal contact between the intake manifold and the engine block. By using a Thermalnator gasket, you will reduce the heat of the air entering your engine, making up to 5% more power. Thermalnator gaskets allow the intake manifold to perform like an intercooler. Because the manifold is no longer heated by the cylinder head, the heat from incoming air can dissipate through the aluminum very rapidly. The basic formula for this is for every 5 degrees F increase in intake air temp, air density is reduced by 1%. The denser the air is, the better the gain in horsepower.
Average testing has shown an 25 degrees F drop and up to 35 degrees in some applications. This is why a Thermalnator gasket is an excellent upgrade for your vehicle if it’s stock or modified.