Fits the following vehicles with VW Groups VR6 engine:
- 2012+ Volkswagen Passat NMS
- 1991-1999 Volkswagen Golf Mk3
- 1997-2005 Volkswagen Golf Mk4
- 2003-2009 Volkswagen Golf Mk5
- 1992-1999 Volkswagen Jetta Mk3
- 1999-2007 Volkswagen Jetta Mk4
- 1998-2011 Volkswagen New Beetle RSi
- 1988-1995 Volkswagen Corrado
- 1988-2017 Volkswagen Passat (B3, B4, B6 and B7 chassis)
- 2006-2015 Volkswagen Eos
- Volkswagen Passat CC
- 2002-2010 Volkswagen Touareg
- 1988-2017 Volkswagen Passat
About Thermalnator Heat Shield Gaskets
Thermalnator is a unique high temperature shielding gasket which replaces the stock intake manifold gasket. Thermalnator’s cooling properties reduce heat by stopping metal to metal contact between the intake manifold and the engine block. By using a Thermalnator gasket, you will reduce the heat of the air entering your engine, making up to 5% more power.
Thermalnator gaskets allow the intake manifold to perform like an intercooler. Because the manifold is no longer heated by the cylinder head, the heat from incoming air can dissipate through the aluminum very rapidly. The basic formula for this is for every 5 degrees F increase in intake air temp, air density is reduced by 1%. The denser the air is, the better the gain in horsepower.
Average testing has shown an 25 degrees F drop and up to 35 degrees in some applications. This is why a Thermalnator gasket is an excellent upgrade for your vehicle if it’s stock or modified.