Fits the following vehicles as well as vehicles with an H22A engine swap:
Japan only H22A DOHC VTEC
- 1992-1996 Honda Prelude BB4-BB6
- 1994-1997 Honda Accord SiR Sedan CD-6
- 1997 Honda Accord SiR Wagon CF-2
- 1997-2001 Honda Prelude BB6-BB8
- 1999-2001 Honda Accord Euro-R CL1
- American 4th gen Prelude VTEC (BB1)
- Canadian 4th gen Prelude SR-V (BB1)
- Australian 4th gen VTi-R (BB1)
- European 4th gen Prelude 2.2i VTEC (BB1)
- 1994 Honda Accord Coupe SiR with the CD8 chassis
- American 5th gen Prelude Base and Type-SH (BB6)
- Canadian 5th gen Prelude Base, Type-SH, and SE (BB6)
- Australian 1997-1998 Prelude VTi-R and VTi-R ATTS (BB6)
- European 1997-1998 Prelude 2.2VTi/VTi-S (2WS BB6 & 4WS BB8)
- European 1998-2002 Accord Type-R (CH1)
- European 1999-2001 Prelude 2.2VTi/VTi-S (2WS BB6 & 4WS BB8)
- Australian 1999-2001 VTi-R and VTi-R ATTS (BB6)
About Thermalnator Heat Shield Gaskets
Thermalnator is a unique high temperature shielding gasket which replaces the stock intake manifold gasket. Thermalnator’s cooling properties reduce heat by stopping metal to metal contact between the intake manifold and the engine block. By using a Thermalnator gasket, you will reduce the heat of the air entering your engine, making up to 5% more power.
Thermalnator gaskets allow the intake manifold to perform like an intercooler. Because the manifold is no longer heated by the cylinder head, the heat from incoming air can dissipate through the aluminum very rapidly. The basic formula for this is for every 5 degrees F increase in intake air temp, air density is reduced by 1%. The denser the air is, the better the gain in horsepower.
Average testing has shown an 25 degrees F drop and up to 35 degrees in some applications. This is why a Thermalnator gasket is an excellent upgrade for your vehicle if it’s stock or modified.